Libya forces ‘withdraw’ from frontline bases near oil ports| glObserver Global Economics


Forces loyal to a rival Libyan government controlling the capital Tripoli have withdrawn from frontline bases near the country’s biggest oil ports, a spokesman said on Friday, raising hopes the ports may any minute at this time be reopened.

Source: globserver.cn

A Tripoli official said the internationally recognised government and the rival government, which have fought since December over the two biggest oil ports in eastern Libya, had reached an agreement to withdraw. He did not say whether troops had been moved from presently on.

The move, if confirmed, may pave the way to restart the Es Sider and Ras Lanuf ports which shut down in December due to fighting.

See on Scoop.itglobserver africa

Author: globserver

Director of Eyecom china

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s